Front End Developer
Loom is extracting metadata from Canadian case law to provide analytics such as win/loss rates and publication times based on factors such as the facts of the case, type of motion or trial and the judge or master who heard the case. These historical statistics are extracted using a combination of machine learning and lawyers.
Front End Developer (Bootstrap, jQuery, Ajax)
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Listed: May 2020
Loom Analytics, a Toronto-based data analytics start-up, is seeking a full-time front end software developer for our analytics-as-a-service web application.
Position duration: Full-time permanent
Starting Salary: $40,000, negotiable based on experience and skillset
Start Date: May 2020
**Please note: This position is a NRC IRAP youth grant-funded position, and is only available to candidates who meet the following eligibility criteria:
• 15 to 30 years of age (inclusive)
• Post-secondary graduate
• Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada or person granted refugee status in Canada who is legally entitled to work in Ontario
• First-time participant in a Youth Employment and Skills Strategy work experience program
Description of Role
We’re looking for a motivated developer with HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, jQuery and Ajax experience who enjoys challenges and getting things done in a fast-paced start-up environment. Strong communication and collaboration skills are a must as the position involves working closely with both our designer and back-end development team. Our ideal candidate cares about writing clear, readable code and has a talent for refactoring existing code. If this position sounds like a match for your talents and ambition, we’d love to hear from you!
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• Strong proficiency in Bootstrap
• Familiarity with PHP MVC frameworks like Laravel
• Familiarity with RESTful APIs
• Understanding of and experience with Git
• Solid communication and teamwork skills
• Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
• Develop user facing features using bootstrap.
• Build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use.
• Translate UI designs and wireframes into high quality code.
• Optimize components for optimal performance across devices and browsers.
• Contribute to documentation, testing, code review, and general code health.