00MYP© provides streamlined way to obtain development and land use-planning information on a property level. MapYourProperty is considered the next Zillow or Realtor.ca for land and real estate development. Our online platform simplifies the process of collecting regulatory and governmental planning information by conducting assessment of a property in minutes. By using our interactive platform, real estate developers and planners save days of effort hunting down information in government offices. Customers simply search by address on MYP©’s online platform and view different maps overlaid on the property of interest. Furthermore, a full “feasibility” real estate report can be generated for any property. MYP©’s tools display land use values, such as city zoning, official plan, protected environmental and water features, in a matter of minutes using powerful cloud data solutions.
MapYourProperty is a technology company helping professionals in real estate find and qualify development opportunities. Our customers include some of the biggest names in real estate in Canada, including top land developers, brokerages and law firms. We recently graduated from the first global Colliers Proptech Accelerator Powered by Techstars class, and are expanding our team rapidly. It is our vision that no real estate development or transaction is completed without the use of MapYourProperty
The GIS technician job will be working side-by-side with the Head of Data Acquisitions to assist with our rapid expansion into multiple US market over the next 3 years. This includes acquiring data from each region or local municipality, conducting raster and vector analyses, and geospatial analysis on a North American scale. This role is based in Toronto, Canada.
– Basic to intermediate knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS Software and QGIS
– Edit and prepare date using Adobe Suite (Illustrator)
– Edit and prepare open data and in-house data extraction techniques to manipulate geospatial data and maps
– Edit and prepare data for upload to GIS web application sites such as ArcMap Onlines, Geoservers, etc.
– Working with other team members to update and edit existing data and create or edit new datasets in a collaborative environment
– College or university degree in related discipline, college graduate diploma or equivalent
– Recent graduate or a preferred minimum of 1-2 year experience using ESRI and Adobe software in a professional or workplace environment
– Proficiency in ArcGIS, ArcMap Online, Adobe Illustrator is required
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel is required
– Must be able to work collaboratively and with other team members
– Bring organized is a necessity as you will be working with other team members and need to make sure your datasets and layers are clean
– Strong written and verbal communication skills are required
– Previous experience in planning or policy mapping is considered an asset
– Experience with pgAdmin and PostGRES databases is considered an asset
Submit your application here.