Immigration Lawyer - Core Team Member
Destin is the first comprehensive and unique Artificial Intelligence (AI) powered integrated platform and chatbot solution. Its purpose is to create a pleasant experience for everyone on their new journey to Canada. Destin closes the gap between the lawyers and immigrants and access to information in an unbiased, affordable and convenient way.
Our platform will ensure that you receive fast and accurate answers to your questions, and your progress is transparent and trackable. After detecting your eligibility, If you wish to prepare your own documents, we will guide you through the process and smart fillable documents will ease your life. You will also have an opportunity to get connected to lawyers based on your needs so that your application is prepared correctly and expediently.
Are you an immigration lawyer who is fed up working in the traditional legal environment? Are you looking forward to working in a startup ecosystem with the newest technology and be exposed to the latest innovation? Are you a lawyer interested in how Artificial Intelligence can be applied in the Legal industry? Do you share the same belief with us that immigration process can be easier, more affordable and more convenient for everyone in the world? If the answers are yes, you are in the right place.
About us and why us?
We are a Toronto based startup born out of the Founders Institute (a global startup accelerator rooted in Silicon Valley) focused on helping immigrants through AI technology. Our purpose is to ease the life of immigrants while their application to various visas and support immigration lawyers to eliminate their administrative workload by automating repetitive tasks.
We are a team of immigrants and supporting people from all around the world. Currently, we are backed by Legal Innovation Zone and NextAI. Company evaluation was considered as $2million (NEXT AI provides 50K investment for 2.5% equity in the company). Joining us, you will be able to participate the program in NextAI and Legal Innovation Zone and learn the most innovative Artificial Intelligence applications in Legal industry.
What are we looking for in our future core team member?
We are looking for a committed experienced Immigration Lawyer to join us for legal/immigration matters inside and outside the startup as our core member.
In which areas we need guidance?
– Preparing the Logical Path of the various visa programs
– Reviewing the product development & provide feedback from the legal perspective
– Preparation of the contents for immigrants for Automation/AI purposes
– Supporting Destin AI to better understand immigration lawyers and help to create an effective system to collaborate with them
– Helping us to design the metrics to detect good quality immigration lawyers and consultants
– Attending meeting with internal and external strategic Investor, Partner & –
Vendor Meetings and Startup Competitions.
– Updating the important governmental immigration regulation changes
– Solid understanding of Canadian immigration law and effective ability to apply this knowledge in practice
– Ability to keep up to date with any changes to Canada immigration law and procedure
– Experience working with diverse immigration cases
– Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) or Doctor of Jurisprudence (J.D.) Degree is required
– Member in good standing with the Canadian Law Society
– Valid LawPro insurance coverage
– 2-5 years experience as an Immigration Lawyer
– Passion for innovation, legal technology, and change
– Exceptional written and oral communication skills
– Strong attention to detail and accuracy
– Ability to successfully complete projects and tasks in a time-sensitive manner
– Capability to work in a fast-paced environment as part of a team or independently, where required
– Ability to work cooperatively with people who have a diverse range of backgrounds, skills, styles, and approaches
– Experience working in a startup environment, having some acknowledgment about Artificial Intelligence is a plus
How to approach us?
Feel free to send your resume to us along with the couple sentences why would you like to be part of our team.
Legal Advice, Legal Research and Writing, Immigration Process Management, Legal, Immigration Law