The Legal Innovation Zone at Ryerson University is a co-working space for the people and ideas that will change the status quo of Canada’s legal system. The world of law and justice in Canada is, in many ways, operating as it did 100 years ago. For many Canadians, it is too slow, too expensive or too complex. It’s a system in desperate need of innovation.
You will work closely with other front-line staff to welcome guests, maintain reception and provide general information.You will help onboard new startups to the space.
Administrative tasks include: Maintain storage and common areas, track supplies, inventory, and track data. Help maintain contact lists. etc. Attend to LIZ email inbox, incoming calls, and mail.
- Support the LIZ marketing initiatives by introducing new ideas, and executing marketing campaigns. Help manage the LIZ’s profiles on social media, including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Produce e-mail newsletters and invitations, brochures, posters, flyers, promotional cards, graphs and charts, multimedia presentations, display/events material, presentation folders, portfolio packages, signage, and general creative projects, using industry-standard software including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, PowerPoint and Word.
- Assist with events, competitions and projects and other Zone focused initiatives. Some engagement will take place outside of regular hours of operation at the LIZ. These requests will be communicated with sufficient notice.
- Enter data: Track event participation and communicate relevant connections with the team, deal with time sensitive and confidential information. Manage team involvement at off-site and after hours events, assist with scheduling, assist with room bookings as they pertain to events
- Ensure event supplies and inventories are stocked – Prepare name tags, itineraries, event notes, mail merges, and email invitations
Maintain list of story ideas for LIZ blog – Contribute to blog strategy – Conduct research and interviews
- Contribute stories for LIZ external newsletter
Read the full job description here.
Technical or Software Knowledge Required:
- Adobe Creative Suites(including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator),
- Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps (Calendar, Gmail, Drive,etc).