The Legal Innovation Zone at Ryerson University is a co-working space for the people and ideas that will change the status quo of Canada’s legal system. The world of law and justice in Canada is, in many ways, operating as it did 100 years ago. For many Canadians, it is too slow, too expensive or too complex. It’s a system in desperate need of innovation.
The LIZ is looking for a highly motivated team player who will thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and who is committed to providing excellent client service. In this role, you will contribute to the LIZ’s marketing team by being a proactive team player and creative problem solver. This will involve writing for our blog, updating and managing social media platforms, coordinating the distribution of messaging via newsletters and digital signage, and the design of graphics for internal and external use. You will work closely with other front-line staff to welcome guests, maintain reception and provide general information. You will help onboard new startups to the space.
- – Support the LIZ marketing initiatives by introducing new ideas, and executing marketing campaigns. Help manage the LIZ’s profiles on social media, including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- – Produce e-mail newsletters and invitations, brochures, posters, flyers, promotional cards, graphs and charts, multimedia presentations, display/events material, presentation folders, portfolio packages, signage, and general creative projects, using industry-standard software including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, PowerPoint and Word.
- – Assist with events, competitions and projects and other Zone focused initiatives. Some engagement will take place outside of regular hours of operation at the LIZ. These requests will be communicated with sufficient notice.
- – Enter data: Track event participation and communicate relevant connections with the team, deal with time sensitive and confidential information. Manage team involvement at off-site and after hours events, assist with scheduling, assist with room bookings as they pertain to events.
- – Ensure event supplies and inventories are stocked.
- – Prepare name tags, itineraries, event notes, mail merges, and email invitations.
- – Maintain list of story ideas for LIZ blog and help draft blog posts.
- – Contribute to blog strategy.
- – Conduct research and interviews.
- – Contribute stories for LIZ external newsletter.
Read the full job description and apply here.
*This position is for full-time Ryerson students only*
*** Please note that students may apply for any Fall/Winter/Summer position before applying for Career Boost approval, as the Career Boost Student Approval application becomes available prior to the start of each work term. However, job offers are conditional pending the student receiving their approval. ***
Technical or Software Knowledge Required:
- Adobe Creative Suites(including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator),
- Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps (Calendar, Gmail, Drive,etc).