Senior Product Owner
ROSS Intelligence’s (“ROSS”) mission is to democratize the law. We are developing technology powered by Artificial Intelligence (“AI”) that can read, answer and understand legal questions, enabling lawyers to enhance and scale their services to more people faster, and at a lower cost.
POSTED: JANUARY 9, 2019
About the role
ROSS Intelligence’s (“ROSS”) mission is to democratize the law. We are developing technology powered by Artificial Intelligence (“AI”) that can read, understand and answer legal questions, enabling lawyers to enhance and scale their services to more people faster, and at a lower cost.
To date, ROSS has been featured in, among places, the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, Wired, The Economist, The Financial Times, Techcrunch, The New Scientist, the Globe and Mail and The Atlantic. In 2017, Forbes named our founders as three of their 30 Under 30. We have also been recognized by Bloomberg for pioneering AI in the legal industry and by CBInsights as one of the top 100 AI companies in the world.
We are a fast growing company with offices in Toronto and San Francisco, with over $14 Million in funding to date, backed by, among others, Y-Combinator, Comcast Ventures, iNovia Capital, and Real Ventures.
As Senior Product Owner, you’ll be responsible for strategizing, crafting, and supporting how we build the ROSS product portfolio. You’ll lead the product life-cycle for initiatives like enhancing our AI search system to allow users to intuitively find the best answers to their queries and creating new workflow features that seamlessly fit into and meet lawyers’ day-to-day research needs.
You’ll identify new problems and opportunities to create impactful experiences. Your leadership and collaboration skills will be leveraged to mentor, guide and work with software development, data science, legal subject matter expert and UX teams to create compelling features for our end users.
We care about growing creative, collaborative people, and strong, capable teams. Your peers in Product Ownership have an established track record of delivering impactful products that customers love.
ROSS offers a unique opportunity to build groundbreaking software solutions in an industry finally eager and ready to adopt technology in a meaningful and innovative way. We care deeply about leveraging technology to make the law more accessible to a wider community and hope you share our commitment.
You’ll be doing things like:
- – Defining, guiding and executing product strategy to deliver best-in-class product experiences
- – Speaking with as many lawyers as possible to understand their core legal research needs and pain points
- – Working closely with UX, subject matter expert, and engineering teams to solve product problems and address lawyer needs
- – Understanding the internal team challenges of building great features
- – Defining clear success metrics, and supporting your teams to achieve them
- – Communicating and collaborating with leaders from multiple disciplines
You’ll need to have:
- – Deep experience owning and supporting the entire product life-cycle of successful tech products
- – A strong understanding of the value of design and engineering systems and how to advocate for them
- – Experience leading, coaching, and growing other product owners
- – Established experience successfully collaborating, communicating, and facilitating with peers
- – Experience using data to successfully inform your decision-making and measure your outcomes
- – Empathy for end users and genuine excitement for solving problems
- – Ability to make good decisions quickly to help your teams do the same
- – Excellent communication skills
It would be excellent if you had:
- – Past experience building search systems, particularly search systems underpinned with machine learning and natural language processing models
- – Past experience working in or collaborating deeply with UX and design
- – Past technical experience in software design
- – Experience with the law, either as a lawyer, law student or building legal technology products
We provide our employees with competitive compensation, health benefits, and ownership in our company.
Our work is rooted in innovation, collaboration, trust, respect, grab a shovel attitude, and agility. We have worked hard to build a culture that encourages the sharing of ideas, pushes the envelope, produces groundbreaking results, enhances careers, and commits to social investment.
ROSS is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is not just a part of our team make-up; it’s part of what drives our success. It is important to our company that all its members, including those with disabilities, find our workplace to be welcoming and supportive. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Qualified candidates are asked to submit their application by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position you are applying for in your cover letter. We appreciate hearing from all qualified candidates, however, only those applicants whose background and experience match our requirements will be contacted.