Start-up Experience Coordinator
The Legal Innovation Zone at Ryerson University is a co-working space for the people and ideas that will change the status quo of Canada’s legal system. The world of law and justice in Canada is, in many ways, operating as it did 100 years ago. For many Canadians, it is too slow, too expensive or too complex. It’s a system in desperate need of innovation.
The Start-up Experience Coordinator for LIZ will work with the Director in planning and implementing an overall member experience strategy for the Legal Innovation Zone (LIZ), to include relevant programming for the entrepreneurs. You will assist in monitoring the progress of the clients from application through to graduation, and in ensuring continual improvement of start-up programming, mentorship and strategies based on entrepreneur feedback and industry best practices. tor in developing and executing relevant metrics and reporting strategies to satisfy the stakeholders and quantify LIZ impact on the university and overall economy. You will facilitate investor and stakeholder relations activities and initiatives to include going on out of town travels to support you and or the Director in the conduct of workshops, presentations and other relationship building activities. You will also coordinate the advisor/mentor program, including support for the in-house Entrepreneurs-in-Residence (EiR) team.
- – Successful completion of a post-secondary degree in Business, Media, Entrepreneurship or a related field and a minimum of 3 years relevant experience working in the start-up ecosystem, including, developing, implementing and monitoring and evaluating programs related to entrepreneurship, mentoring and advising startups/entrepreneurs, administration, relationship management, engagement, conflict resolution and event planning.
- – Demonstrated experience in leading and implementing programs, identify student-focussed programming and integration with entrepreneurship activities.
Strong relationship building skills to forge good client relationships within and across team; initiate activities that foster team-building and communication within the LIZ and other stakeholders.
- – Exemplary written and verbal communication skills working with Director in the planning and implementation of unique programming and services for member entrepreneurs. Leveraging new and existing programs/services to facilitate the learning and networking between startups/entrepreneurs and ensuring a valuable experience for members.
- – Demonstrated experience in project and financial management to monitor progress of the complete life cycle of projects, understanding and addressing any existing or potential issues/concerns; monitor the progress of clients from application through to graduation through pitch and business development support, progress reports, peer meetings, and gathering of data to satisfy stakeholder reporting requirements.
- – Superior coordination skills to organize and participate in peer-to-peer sessions of members. In addition, a demonstrated ability to assess and recommend opportunities for improving peer-to-peer sessions, to ensure relevance, member engagement and overall value to member participants.
- – Demonstrated successful track record in building and the maintenance of a robust and sustainable mentorship/advisor program infrastructure.
- – Strong research and analytical skills to develop member surveys to generate relevant feedback on the effectiveness of programs, and to generate ideas and opportunities for programming; fostering the continual improvement of start-up programming, mentorship and strategies.
- – An ability to work independently and as an effective team member and flexibility are required to effectively multi-task and prioritize to ensure completion of assigned work under multiple and strict deadlines.
- – Demonstrated commitment to excellent client service; maintaining strong knowledge of University and policies and procedures in order to effectively articulate information to member companies, students, staff, faculty and external partners.