Graphic Design Intern
VESTA Social Innovation Technologies is changing the way individuals who have experienced sexual violence or harassment access justice. Vesta puts the survivor at the center of the investigative and legal process by providing equalized access to practical resources and by providing secure reporting options. Our first iteration, Vesta Community is a web and mobile-enabled platform that is digitizing, streamlining and expanding existing reporting protocols. Our goal is to create a bridge between vulnerable, rural populations and service providers and law enforcement. The ultimate outcome sought by Vesta Community is better and more comprehensive support of survivors and to increase reporting rates.
Our mission is to create a safe, digital space ensuring individuals have agency, choice and equal treatment under the law. Future iterations include Workplace and Campus solutions.
VESTA Social Innovation Technologies Inc. is seeking an intern to come on board the team as a graphic designer. While a student with previous design experience is ideal, we are first and foremost looking for someone with a passion for social justice and storytelling, as well as the self-motivation to thrive in a team setting. This is a short term paid internship, and an opportunity to develop professionally within a startup company setting, if interested, please contact Lucrezia at email@example.com with your resume and samples.
This opening is for an internship in our Marketing & Design team focused on our VESTA Community platform. We are seeking an individual to immediately join the team who enjoys creative collaboration with marketing, content and product. We are seeking a capable and creative Visual Storyteller with digital marketing experience. You will work closely with the CEO, Marketing Strategist, and the Digital Communications Intern to develop and support social media and marketing initiatives.
You would be responsible for:
- Designing for social and digital assets including web pages, social media posts, video content
- Adhering to guidelines outlined for the brand.
- Design visually appealing graphics for print, web and social media that meet brand standards
- Keep current with design and communication trends, technology and best practices
- Create graphic icons for use on website, social media, and email
- Previous experience in graphic design
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma (completed or in progress) in Marketing, Graphic Design, Digital Arts or similar
- Awesome typography and production skills (including font management and support file links).
- Solid understanding of design for advertising purposes (including effective use of photos and copy) and for digital
- Can work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment while juggling multiple projects
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud and Canva
Not required but an asset:
Produce HTML / WordPress graphics and function as back up to create marketing emails + newsletters
Top Performer Attributes: Empathy, Inclusivity and Open Mind Set
You think on your feet. You like learning new things, and you can learn quickly. When things change, you know how to roll with the punches while keeping a strong attention to detail. You like being part of a team that collaborates and supports each other to deliver the best results. You are autonomous in how you approach your work but can be collaborative. You have a strong work ethic, are coachable and bring energy to your work. You are tech savvy and like to stay current on the newest technology and advancements.
You are user and customer focused. Every piece of content created is created with the end user in mind. You think, live and breathe inclusivity. You ask yourself, who have I not thought of? Who does this exclude? You can pivot and flow as needed. You approach the role and the day to day with an open mind set. You have a vision to execute but remain open and flexible to make changes. Most importantly, you like to play and experiment.
Part-Time – 20hrs/wk paid internship
Start immediately to September, with the possibility of extension