The Legal Innovation Zone at Ryerson University supports individuals and groups with the passion to make Canada’s legal and justice system smarter, faster and better.
Successful applicants are welcomed to the zone for a free four-month stay (after which extensions and membership plans are available), which includes:
- Co-working space in an unbeatable downtown location, including designated workstations, WiFi and access to fully equipped meeting rooms, event space and technology
- Connections to experts, advisors and industry leaders
- Collaborative environment and peer-to-peer knowledge transfer
- Educational workshops and networking opportunities
- Access to the DMZ, Canada’s top university-based incubator for tech startups
- Connections to Ryerson University resources, researchers and student talent, including the university’s zone community — eight zones in urban energy, design fabrication, transmedia, social ventures and fashion
LIZ Eligibility Criteria
To enter the LIZ you must have:
- A legal system or technology based innovation, to help make Canada’s legal landscape smarter, faster, better and more accessible.
- Startups ideas can focus on consumers of legal services, big law, access to justice, or “new law”
- A business idea and team that fits with the LIZ’s collaborative community
- A business idea that builds on Ryerson’s reputation as a driver of leading edge education and experiential learning
Have a business plan and a product or service in the works?
Apply as a company. We accept companies at any stage.
Have an idea, but not a plan?
Apply as an individual or group. We accept individuals and groups who have a concept for a product, process or service that they want to explore and build.
Have an entrepreneurial spirit, but not an idea?
Apply as an associate. We welcome anyone who is passionate about driving change within the world of law. Your expertise may be useful to other Law Zone companies and individuals.