LIZ Goes Global
Ryerson’s Legal Innovation Zone can now support legal tech entrepreneurs anywhere in the world.
Toronto – December 4th, 2019 – LIZ, the world’s first incubator dedicated to legal technology, can now support entrepreneurs anywhere in the world and help them take their idea and build it into a business with global reach. The 4 part approach includes 2 new interactive online programs which provide the right support, advice, and mentorship for any stage of a business.
“Over the past 5 years we have worked to support entrepreneurs as they build better legal solutions for the people and businesses that need it,” says Chris Bentley, Co-Founder and Managing Director of the LIZ. “This new service will help us both expand that support, and share it with entrepreneurs across Canada and throughout the world.”
The expanded service includes 4 programs: Innovator’s Canvas, Concept Framework, Sprint Studio and Incubate. Each program supports entrepreneurs and their startups at different stages of development. The first 3 programs are interactive online and free. The incubator is located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The applications are now open for all.
“Our experience is that entrepreneurs require different support based on their stage of business development,” says Hersh Perlis, Co-Founder and Director of the LIZ. “Providing the right advice at the right time can make all the difference to an entrepreneur’s success.”
LIZ now has a four-part, interactive online approach to support, advise and mentor entrepreneurs building innovative legal businesses.
The four parts are:
- – What: Do you have an idea? Discuss it with the Zone. Explore its potential. Get some feedback. Free.
- – Applications throughout the year.
- – What: A free, interactive online, 6-week part-time program that helps future entrepreneurs understand how to turn their innovative idea into a proof of concept.
- – Applications open December 4, 2019 until January 24, 2020
- – Program runs from February 2, 2020 until March 17, 2020
- – What: A free, interactive online, 16-week intensive program that helps future entrepreneurs develop their proof of concept into a market-ready product.
- – Applications Open December 4, 2019 until May 3, 2020
- – Program runs from June 1, 2020 until September 18, 2020
- – What: An incubation program for legal tech startups developing innovative products and disruptive business models. It helps market-ready companies create a sustainable path to accelerated growth.
- – Applications are reviewed and accepted on a monthly basis.
About Legal Innovation Zone at Ryerson University
The Legal Innovation Zone (LIZ) is focused on building better legal solutions for consumers, both people and businesses. It helps foster, support and develop solutions and approaches to improve legal services and the justice system. LIZ opened in May 2015 as the world’s first dedicated legal tech incubator.
For further information, contact:
Hersh Perlis, Director, Legal Innovation Zone
firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-562-9911