Ryerson’s Legal Innovation Zone Launches Sprint Studio
Interactive online program helps legal tech entrepreneurs anywhere in the world develop their products and customer base.
Toronto – June 22, 2020 –The Legal Innovation Zone (LIZ) at Ryerson University is launching a new program to support legal tech entrepreneurs anywhere in the world. Launching this fall, Sprint Studio is an interactive online, free, 12-week intensive program that helps entrepreneurs develop their proof of concept into a market-ready product.
“Having successfully launched and hosted two cohorts of the Concept Framework program with participants from over 10 countries, the LIZ is now helping legal tech entrepreneurs take the next step,” says Chris Bentley, Co-Founder and Managing Director of the LIZ. “Building a successful product with international reach requires constant iteration, mentorship, and engagement with potential clients. That’s the type of support we’re looking to provide.”
Sprint Studio will help early-stage startups develop innovative legal tech products and validate their business model. It focuses on initial customer development and building a marketable minimum viable product (MVP). The cohort will engage with online content developed by industry experts, while working closely with various LIZ mentors to progress through program milestones.
“As the legal industry navigates the challenges and opportunities of remote work, legal tech entrepreneurs have the ability to build and offer solutions that address these challenges and improve upon the current state of legal services delivery,” says Hersh Perlis, Co-Founder and Director of the LIZ. “Sprint Studio will help bring more legal tech solutions to the global legal market.”
The first cohort of Sprint Studio starts on September 15th, 2020. Applications to join the program close on Tuesday, September 1st, 2020. More information about the program and a breakdown of the 12-week program is available at legalinnovationzone.ca/sprint-studio.
About Legal Innovation Zone at Ryerson University
The Legal Innovation Zone (LIZ) is focused on building better legal solutions for consumers, both people and businesses. It helps foster, support and develop solutions and approaches to improve legal services and the justice system. LIZ opened in May 2015 as the world’s first dedicated legal tech incubator.
For further information, contact:
Hersh Perlis, Director, Legal Innovation Zone
email@example.com or 416-562-9911
The LIZ offers four programs to support, advise and mentor entrepreneurs building innovative legal businesses in various stages in the startup life cycle.
The four parts are:
- What: Do you have an idea? Discuss it with the Zone. Explore its potential. Get some feedback. Free.
- Applications throughout the year.
- What: A free, interactive online, 6-week part-time program that helps future entrepreneurs understand how to turn their innovative idea into a proof of concept.
- Two cohorts hosted between January 2020 and June 2020
- The program brought together participants from Azerbaijan, Brazil, Canada, Estonia, Germany, India, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Turkey, and the United States.
- What: An interactive online, free, 12-week intensive program that helps future entrepreneurs develop their proof of concept into a market-ready product.
- Applications Open until September 1st, 2020
- What: An incubation program for legal tech startups developing innovative products and disruptive business models. It helps market-ready companies create a sustainable path to accelerated growth.
- Applications are reviewed and accepted on a monthly basis.