Start-up Experience Ambassador
The Legal Innovation Zone at Ryerson University is a co-working space for the people and ideas that will change the status quo of Canada’s legal system. The world of law and justice in Canada is, in many ways, operating as it did 100 years ago. For many Canadians, it is too slow, too expensive or too complex. It’s a system in desperate need of innovation.
The Legal Innovation Zone is seeking a highly motivated team player who is able to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and who is committed to excellent client service. The Start-up Experience Ambassador will be working directly with the Start-up Experience Coordinator.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- – Contribute to the overall success of the LIZ by being a proactive and creative problem solver; working closely with the members in the Zone to match them with resources and connections that would be of value.
- – Be an integral part of building and maintaining relationships with the LIZ and other startup-friendly, community organizations.
- – Help maintain the contact and email lists, ensure the coordination and distribution of internal messaging via internal newsletters,slack groups, digital signage, etc.
- – Monitor and respond to emails regarding the LIZ program and resources offered.
- – Answers/attends to general incoming calls, faxes and internal/external mail; forwards and directs appropriately.
- – Must be able to lift, push and pull carts.
- – Solicit and analyze feedback from member companies on their experience at the LIZ to understand how to improve practices.
- – Build and maintain relationships between the LIZ and industry experts, mentors, advisors, and community partners.
- – Assist in tracking the progress and metrics of our member companies, and help to determine how the LIZ can improve our resources and service offerings based on these findings.
- – Help prepare and facilitate multiple projects and educational events.
- – Assist the Start-up Experience coordinator in engaging our list of mentors and advisors through networking and formal events, workshops, personal relationships, presentations, and written communication.
- – Screen industry and community events, promote them to appropriate companies, and ensure proper LIZ representation.
- – Help administer team emails, member requests, scheduling, and reporting.
- – Promote and help facilitate regular events, meetups, and workshops that happen in the space to relevant startups and community members.
- – Organize documents, files, surveys, and other data using our Google Apps.
- – Respond to inquiries from entrepreneurs pertaining to the online member services system.
Read the full job description and apply here (login into Career Boost with your Ryerson ID, Click on “Fall/Winter Career Boost Job Postings”, and look for “Start-up Experience Ambassador (The Legal Innovation Zone)”).
*This position is for full-time undergraduate Ryerson students only*
*** Please note that students may apply for any Fall/Winter/Summer position before applying for Career Boost approval, as the Career Boost Student Approval application becomes available prior to the start of each work term. However, job offers are conditional pending the student receiving their approval. ***